idle dreams
This blog is best viewed in Explorer, in a full screen

cool places


fictionalley

I got

hugs! Give me another hug?
Get hugs of your own



e-mail me



archives

12.30.2004

Ok, you guys have convinced me. I guess I'll keep updating here.




Well, it's almost a new year. I've been thinking, and looking back on my year.

Most of the early months I don't remember much, and what I write is dependant on the quality and quantity of my blog entries.

January

Highs: Um. January was a long time ago. And I made two posts. I don't quite recall very much. Let's just skip January, eh?
Lows:
Overall:

February

Highs: Quiz Bowl in full swing! Whoo hoo!
Lows:
Overall: Another month with few posts and few memories.

March

Highs: For all my science class was AHHHHH!Horrible, I did get to work with Eric and Julie, and I quite like both of them.
Lows: I was feeling pretty drained and ready for break.
Overall: Oh, my science class sucked. Oh, it was bad. Everyone in it except for about four or five people were literally special ed. We had an aide in the classroom. It was horrid. Other than that, though, things were going all right, if I could only manage a bit of sleep every now and then.

April

Highs: Spring break! Yay! And, my parents and the rest of my family left for three days and I had the entire house to myself. Rock!
Lows: A bit of a mini break-down towards the end of the month. I don't quite remember what caused it, but I was under an enormous amount of stress (huge research project {ended up being ~30 pages} due, other school work, issues with my dad even then, etc.) and not getting a lot of sleep, which most likely contributed to it. Oh, and Alex asked me out. *shudders*. He wasn't physically attractive (at ALL), AND was absolutely as dumb as a rock. He was in my science class (which tells you something...), and once my teacher asked if anyone had slept in an igloo. He raised his hand, and said that he had "except it was a hotel"
Overall: Not great. I've had a lot of better months. However, I've also had worse ones.

May

Highs: Finished research paper. Felt very reflective and introspective, which is always interesting.
Lows: Seniors graduated, which was very sad. Last ATYP class, which was also sad.
Overall: A good month. No major angst here, but I learned a great deal about myself and others.

June

Highs: School's out! Harry Potter! Took SATs and got 780 verbal! Started driver's ed!
Lows: This was a good month. I couldn't think of any.
Overall: I think :D about sums it up. I really love June. It's summer and bright and green and happy, but not so hot as to be uncomfortable.

July

Highs: Mission trip. Wow. Probably the most deeply spiritual week of my life. Also, band starts.
Lows: What lows are there in the summer months? No school+nice weather=no stress-->Happy!Penni!
Overall: Good month. Yay!

August

Highs: Still hanging on to the last bit of summer. First DI meeting.
Lows: School starts.
Overall: Not bad. Not great, but nowhere near the worst I've seen.

September

Highs: My birthday! Yay! The fair! Yay! Watching Kerry kick butt in the debates! Yay!
Lows: OMGSTRESS from school and ATYP and band. I really did NOT have time to sleep. I'd grab a bite to eat in the car going from something to something else.
Overall: OMGSTRESS, but not as bad as it's been. There was enough fun and friends to balance it.

October

Highs: Learning a bit about myself. I had a nice post about how I was strong and did the right thing (in this case, not cheating on a test).
Lows: Oh, gosh. This is when the badness started. At the beginning of the month, my parents and my brother were in their car crash. At the very end of the month. Nadine. It still fucking hurts, and I didn't even know her. I don't know how Mike and Eric and the rest of them are getting through it.
Overall: A lot of bad happened, but I pretty much stayed positive.

November

Highs: Umm.
Lows: Oh, where do I start? Election, drama like whoa in my friend's lives, crappy weather, band over, angst with David, 5th chair in band, two points away from failing exam, news about homophobes beating up my lovely, etc.
Overall: The worst month of my life. I was depressed, to the point of skipping classes, not doing homework, not eating, and not caring about much of anything.

December

Highs: It not being November anymore! Christmas! Braces off!
Lows: More, different, angst with David. Geez.
Overall: If it were any other month, it wouldn't have been a great one. But since it was right after November, it was an AMAZINGLY good one. Yay!

Year in Review

This has been a tough year. I've gone through difficult stuff, stuff that I've never had to deal with before. However, I've learned a lot too, and I've become so much stronger for what I've overcome. I've got some wonderful new friends, and if some people who used to be my best friends no longer receive the best, well, things change. Thanks to all of you for helping to be a part of all the highs, and for getting me through the lows.


I'm listening to: Coldplay, Trouble ~me~ at 2:22 AM
Comment if you...

Love me?


Post a Comment

* m a y s t a r *
designs
design by may modified by penni